Inter-mold® Technology - Injection Mold Hook
The new wave of innovation using inter-mold® technology.
The APLIX inter-mold® technology, previously named "IMH", is a new hook fastener.
The inter-mold® technology is an innovative method of integrally molding a field of hooks within an injection molded component. The field of hooks can be designed in any shape and size in virtually any location on a component.
"We are excited about using the simplicity and integrated look of inter-mold® in new products. It offers great design flexibility and high performance in an infinitely adjustable fastening system."
Principal / Creative Director
The inter-mold® technology is proven: millions of part have been
This technology is to be used during a standard injection molded cycle. The
implementation of the inter-mold® technology is divided into various steps
including the choice of a hook type and the manufacturing of inserts.
A patented technology
Our technology is patented and we offer this technology to companies under
- United States Patent n° 5,368,549
- United States Patent n° RE 37,338
- United States Patent n° 5,656,226
- European Patent n° 0 577 697 B1
inter-mold® costs are divided into:
- an insert tooling and design fee,
- a license fee related to the use of the inter-mold® technology and
- upon request, Aplix Fasteners Inc. can also supply finished molded parts based on